Friday, September 24, 2010

App Review: Olive Tree BibleReader

I admit it...I've taken the plunge, and so far it's been pretty seamless.  I've converted to using my iPad and iPhone as my primary form of reading Scripture.  I've used the Kindle, and have the Bible within my Kindle App, but although great for straight reading, it is hard to move between passages on the fly.

I know that there are many Bible apps out there, but I've found Olive Tree's BibleReader to be an excellent choice.  Olive Tree's BibleReader is available for Windows Mobile, Palm, Blackberry, iOS, and Android.  Here is a comparison chart for the features built in within their BibleReader software by platform.

Why OliveTree BibleReader? Here is why...


  • They have several versions of apps, so you can choose the one best suited to your needs.  Some are built for just one Translation, others that have multiple.  For me, I prefer a reader with a library that is custom installed, depending on what translations you want.  This allows me the flexibility to grow my library.  It also allows me to be able to move between devices as needed, and keep my library in-tact.  I love being able to carry and  quickly switch between the NIV and The Message, depending on my need.
  • It has a good search utility for finding references.
  • I love to take notes, and BibleReader makes it easy.  The notes sync to Evernote, and so I have an easy backup for these notes that are easily searched. (Another great reason to use Evernote)


The software is always improving, with new features coming online soon.  The main feature that I would love to see.

  • Syncing of notes & highlights between devices, something similar to the Kindle's Whispersync technology.  The reason I say this is that I use it on my iPad and iPhone and would love to have my notes & highlights synced without really thinking about it. 
So, what do you use?  Let us know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I really love using the Bible Reading plan that you can setup in the device!

    ReplyDelete